Gas Facts at a Glance
- The US is the second largest producer and the largest consumer of natural gas.
- In a single year, the average US home uses 84,000 cubic feet of natural gas.
- Americans use about 62 billion cubic feet of natural gas everyday!
- Almost 8,000 US companies produce natural gas.
Uses of Natural Gas
- 42% Industrial.
- 22% Residential.
- 14% Commercial.
- 14% Electric Utility.
- 8% Other.
Sources of Natural Gas
- 84% Domestic Production.
- 15% from Canada.
- 1% Imported Liquid Natural Gas.
Natural gas ownerships may be one of the best profit opportunities of the decade.
Energy is the power that drives the world economy and rising costs don’t have to be a negative. Particpation in oil and natural gas leases can help you benefit from the rising casts of energy. Read more (PDF)
Natural gas is the big winner!
Natural gas will compete in the energy market in two ways:
- (1) as a direct end use fuel for residentiol, commercial, and industrial users,
- (2) as an efficient fuel to generate electricity. As one utility spokesperson said, “the future is here and the future is about competition.” Read more (PDF)